Cooling with the aid of cryogenic gases enables a more targeted temperature control in comparison to the use of chipped ice or double-walled containers during the cutter treatment of meat. Furthermore, a particularly good product quality is achieved. Depending on the product and the respective cooling task the following variants are used for cooling: Cooling with liquid nitrogen and cooling with liquid CO2.
- Very rapid cooling of product through direct contact with cooling medium
- Optimum utilisation of the cooling medium through direct introduction
- Immediate removal of frictional heat
- Secures the microbiological stability by means of targeted lowering of the raw material temperature
- Production of frozen meat granules
- Precise separation of fat and meat particles as a quality feature in the production of raw sausage
- No dilution of the product due to chipped ice cooling
Messer has developed the Variocut-Process for cooling with liquid nitrogen or liquid carbon dioxide.